Thursday 11 March 2010

Scout Scar

After the exertions of the previous week and the plan for Monday, I definitely didn't want to use my legs on Sunday, so P persuaded me to head to Scout Scar near Kendal for some slimestone sport. Originally we had thought of heading to Malham for the day but I was feeling pretty jaded and P had had a hard days bouldering and checking out bolts at St Bees the day before and didn't fancy the 2 plus hour drive to flail around feeling tired. Scout Scar is a little closer.

It was very cold when we got there as the crag faces west, but the sun cam round eventually. I wish I could say the same about my climbign which has gone from bad to worse. I took 3 attempts to get up a 6a+! And even then didn't manage it clean despite several laps. Everything felt wrong, my body had fogotten how to move on rock, and I felt tired physically and mentally. It was another wake up call. I promised myself I'd get on the woody at home one day a week but that hasn't happened so far! P ticked his first 7a of the year! Happy boy.

No comments: