Thursday 11 March 2010

Black Combe

Saturday was the Black Combe Fell Race, a particular local favourite, although I have never felt I run well in it, I always enjoy it. After a rest day on Wednesday, I headed over the BC on Thursday evening for a trot up to the summit. I was a bit put back by how tired my legs felt on the ascent but it was another lovely evening and there was a beautiful sunset (photo to follow). Once reaching the summit, I crossed to the second summit and then back down the race descent route. There was still a fair bit of patchy snow, which was quite hard in places but mostly avoidable if needed.



This left me feeling a bit aprehensive for Saturday as my legs really did feel tired. But it was a beautiful warm day in the southern lakes. The turn out was reasonable and I had a good race. Managed a pb by 6 minutes, and was 4th Lady. Its my best go at this race yet, on a week that cumlinated in over 40 miles with over 12000 feet of ascent, so I have to be happy! I even got a slight tan line on my arms from the race!

No comments: