Wednesday 17 March 2010

Edale Skyline

After a days climbing on saturday at Rubicon, (mostly being belay bunny!), I headed out for a run around the Edale Skyline race route with a mate (21 miles, 4500 feet). He's racing next weekend and when I suggested I wanted a good day out trotting around this, he decided he'd join me. We had fair weather, mainly cloudy with a strong northerly wind, but it wasn't too bad on top. We made good time for a gentle trot around, Brown Knoll was evil as ever with the headwind and bogs, and we looked at a few race lines towards the end along Kinder. The snow or what was left of it was slow going as it was rotten and melting, but there was still enough to not avoid it altogether. It should have all melted by the race day.

Got round in 4 hours 26 mins, without any hard work. One day I'll have to race this and see what I can produce in a competative mind! Definitely a good day out.

No comments: