Sunday 11 April 2010

some bouldering at St Bees

Spent Saturday down at St Bees, in gorgeous sunshine being belay bunny and general pack horse for P while he started rebolting a route on Apiary Wall, for the BMC Cumbria Bolt Fund. Due to the amount of kit we'd carried down to the crag, I left the mat in the van. This did not help my aim of having a gentle bouldering sess. I have discovered my feet, ankles, legs ... well everything are quite precious to me at the moment and after pootling up a couple of the easiest problems couldn't face harder things without a mat. Luckily it was pretty busy down at the boulders so managed a reasonable amount of problems using others mats. Lovely day, and was careful not to do too much!

Almost forgot, saw 3 or 4 porpoises off the coast, one very near the shore. Beautiful sight!

No comments: