Sunday 11 April 2010

Leg 3 Recce

Headed out in glorious sunshine today to have a look at leg three. Decided I couldn't face driving to Dunmail Raise and subsequent faff of a return leg and drive home, when I could just do it from Wasdale Head - a mere 20 minutes drive if there are no grockles. So parked up on the Green and headed up to Styhead Pass, over past Sprinkling Tarn, and Angle Tarn, around the back of Rossett Pike, to Sticks Pass, across and up to High Raise and then down all the way to Steel Fell, where after a quick stop I turned around and followed the route as far as Mickledore.

Fantastic day out. 10.6 miles out to Steel Fell, and then the return back to the car of 16 odd miles. Felt strong but was worried I was a bit slow on the easier running ground, I don't feel I have any problem with the steeper ascents but don't seem to be moving as well / fast on the easier running ground. Not sure whether to worry about that as I can't think what to do about it!! My feet felt a bit battered as well by the end as it was warm and I haven't been out on the rockier ground for a while!

To top it all off I saw my first swallow of the year!

No comments: