Monday 9 March 2009

a hard hardknott

I had a rest day yesterday, more out of needing to get on top of lots of jobs that have been building up, but also to give my legs a rest. I felt raring to go to be honest but have learnt the hard way in the past about not resting! And this morning for the first time in many weeks I just couldn't face getting on my bike to go to work. It would have been a block headwind and I just couldn't face that, so I made a pact with myself to ensure that I'd get out this evening for a run - which is what I did.

After several long steady runs I figured I needed a bit of speed, but flat speed is going to get me nowhere on the BG, so it was back up to Hardknott for some lovely hill reps - this time in the light (or should that be gloaming!!) Knocked the reps off quickly, feeling neither tired nor fantastic (mmm...) and headed home.

Stats: 4 x 30 secs with 60 secs recovery uphill and jog back down in between x 3.
(OR: 4.12 miles, 1500' ascent)

No comments: