Thursday 19 March 2009

Frustration

Last week was going so well. I road to work and back on Tuesday and Wednesday and felt so strong. I felt really positive that all was on track and going well, and then I got another cold. Not a bad one but enough to totally halt all exercise and make me feel a wee bit miserable. Work has been stupidly stressful this week which really hasn't helped. I did very little at the weekend except potter in the garden and clean and fettle my bikes. It wasn't until yesterday that I felt OK to get back on the bike and so rode to work yesterday and today in glorious weather. Managed a short session on the local boulders too although my skin was ragged so quickly! 

And that's another frustration - a week of glorious weather and too much work on and meetings to take a day off! But I guess you look on the bright side. Riding the last couple of days has been lovely and the legs came out today too - rode home in shorts. I felt strong in a kinda tired way, as being stressed always makes me feel tired. Toyed with the idea of a day off tomorrow (as I have no meetings!!) but figured that I'm off a fair bit in the next couple of weeks.

We're off on a long weekend to Scotland this weekend and then off to Font next week for the whole week. Really looking forward to that - lots of beautiful bouldering, pleasant road riding and I'm planning a few forest runs too. Hopefully the weather will be spring like! (but not april showers!).

No comments: