Friday 2 July 2010

60 miles on the road bike


P and I took Friday off and drove around to Loweswater for a good road ride. The Route took us from Loweswater, Fangs Brow, Mockerkin, Mosser, Embleton, Bassenthwaite, Caldbeck, Mungrisdale, Castlerigg Stone Circle, Keswick, Borrrowdale, Honister Hause, Buttermere, Loweswater. A great ride in slightly cloudy and muggy conditions. We had lunch at the Priest’s Mill cafĂ© in Caldbeck – highly recommended!! Great salads…

It felt really good to be back on the bike and it’s the longest ride I’ve done for a very long time. Ironic to think its still fewer miles that I ran for the BG! Honister felt pretty steady despite being at the end of the ride. I only had one worry – I was support John on his BG the next day for Leg 4 – hopefully the race and this ride hadn’t taken too much out of me!

No comments: