Monday 2 August 2010

Lingmell Dash

A week last Saturday was the Lingmell Dash race, another local race that was on my list of 'not done yet's'. Its a fundraiser for the local MRT team, and a few of the team were racing. The weather in the morning was cloudy but dry but as soon as I stepped out the door to go round to Wasdale Head the drizzle arrived. This got heavier as I drove round, and the cloud base was about 200m. Still, not much navigation required to get to the top of Lingmell and back.

It's a great little race this, although I'm not so sure its a 'dash'!

To be honest I just didn't get going. My legs felt heavy and unresponsive and I just couldn't get any speed up. So it was more of a plod up and a trot down. Came in nearly 5 minutes down on Lucy, who won. Should have been able to give her more of a challenge. But I enjoyed it despite the lack of energy. A few did manage to go wondering and the rain kept falling.

No comments: