Monday 2 August 2010

Kentmere Mtb


Sunday morning we drove over to Staveley and after managing to only spend a small amount of money in Wheelbase, and narrowly missing a close encounter with Wilfs before setting off, we went for a mountain bike ride up Kentmere, over to Longsleddale, up and over Gatesgarth to Haweswater and then up and over Nan Bield Pass back to Kentmere and then back to Staveley. What a shock to be riding in the dry and staying dry all day. A great ride which I worked out I last did over 6 years ago on a fully rigid mountain bike – oh how things have changed!! I’m not sure the full sus made the carry more pleasurable as my old bike was easy and light to sling over your shoulder. The cruz is a little heavier and much harder to carry – I did manage to perfect a position where the top tube rested between my camelback and me so the shoulder straps took a lot of the weight.

Because of our faffing at the start of the day we got back after Wilf’s had closed!! 

No comments: