Wednesday 16 June 2010

Bouldering at Gillercombe and Duddon Mountain biking

Saturday was another lovely day in the Lakes, and P and I went up to the Gillercombe Boulders beneath Grey Knotts. It felt strange to arrive at Honister Hause by car, as I think in the last 2 years I've been there over 12 times, but always by foot! It was great to go somewhere new (I've never been there before) and check out the problems. Didn't do anything spectacular, getting stopped by powerful sit starts a lot of the times, but feeling stronger each time I head out climbing.

Sunday was a wet day and used the time to catch up on a lot of chores which have been left, but headed out for my first proper run since my BG, 6 miles over Muncaster without a watch!! Felt good, although my knee still isn't right. Physio appointment next week. Luckily although its randomly sore, its not stopping me doing anything.

After work on Monday we headed over to the Duddon for an evening mountain bike ride, from the church in Seathwaite, up the Kiln Bank road over towards Broughton Mills to Kiln Bank Cross, descent via Park Head Road, back past the church and up to Birks Bridge, through the plantation to Grassguards and down under Wallowbarrow. We did the two loops the other way round to normal. Cracking evening, beautiful views of the fells in the evening sunshine. Topped off with food in the Newfield!


Normal ride to work and back yesterday and off to St Bees tonight for some routes...now what did I say about getting my head back?

No comments: