Friday 11 June 2010

Active Recovery

Recovery is continuing well, but running is still absent! To be honest I just haven't had time! I've been back on the bike properly this week, riding to work and back twice and mountain biking at Whinlatter on Tuesday night, plus bouldering down at St Bees last night. Its been great to feel a bit more like life as normal. Although I really loved every minute of the BG and my build up to it, (even when I whinged about going out AGAIN in the cold and dark and wet and snow and ice...) I did change the way my life worked for a while, and biking and climbing took a back seat. 

Now everything is back to equal shares.

Although, my mountain biking has taken a hit as I've become very unconfident on downhills, (refusing all sorts of bits at Whinlatter which I know I'm prefectly capable of riding!) and my climbing has become limited. I have been operating in a comfy zone for many months - not wanting to push and potentially injure myself, I've lost all bottle both leading and bouldering. So after a bit of baselining this week to see where I'm really at I'm gonna start pushing myself again.

Riding  - this means steadily getting my nerves back by sessioning stuff I don't have the confidence to ride and getting out a bit locally to knock around.

Climbing  - this means starting to push myself bouldering on problems which technically I should be able do but might be too high or not playing to my strengths etc, and starting to red-point again and work routes on lead instead of getting a rope put on them and working them to death on a top rope. I'll tackle the trad-head when I'm a bit more in the zone!

No comments: