Tuesday 7 August 2012

First run at home

I set off this evening on my first run at home. Its tricky plotting routes when you're used to doing several/many miles for a short quick run! Picking a route thats only about a mile feels very unnatural. Anyway, pick a route I did of just over a mile. P took J out in the sling for a walk in the opposite direction to me on the same loop, so we met up along the way. It was lovely to be out running over the tracks again instead of walking.

All went well again, although I can feel the impatience already starting to build. I'm making every effort to contain it as I have to concentrate on frequency of runs, form and steady running before time, distance and speed. I had several niggles this time last year of which the achilles was the worst, and if I want to keep running into old age I do need to address these first and not just pound the miles etc.

So happy to be running again though. It really has made me feel great.

No comments: