Monday 30 January 2012

Blakes Heaven and Harter Fell


Didn’t manage much during the week for one reason or another. At the weekend I helped out at the Blakes Heaven Fell race, on registration and finishing funnel. It was a bit frustrating not to toe the starting line with so many of my club mates and fellow runners, but equally satisfying to help out for once! All went well, we had a record entry of 104 runners, and counted them all back in again. Conditions were near perfect for a winter’s day, with blue skies, light snow of the fell tops, hardened ground and amazing views.

On Sunday, it was a bit cloudy, and cold again. P and I went for a walk up over Harter Fell from Jubilee Bridge and back down to Hardknott Fort. There was a good covering of snow even on this lowly fell, and the higher fells looked stunning. Great cloud formations too, due to the Easterlies that were blowing. This wasn’t a long walk – as I may have learnt my lesson, but enjoyable to stretch the legs and keep the blood flowing! The bump is growing more and more now! Its all good weight training!

2 comments:

Stu Stod said...

Bloody Hell Kate
I was stood at the finish too - taking photos. Sorry for not seeing you.
Stu.

Mountain Kat said...

Hi Stu, sorry I was obviously too focussed on doing my job too!! How's the leg doing?